Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Tech Tip Tuesday: Picasa 3.0 – edtech VISION

Blog to learn a bit about Picassa and how it works.  I love Picassa and use it as my picture organizer on my computer and also to upload to the internet.  It works very well, allows you simple editing and organization tools.  I think this can easily be mastered by a noob.  One of the best things about Picassa is it allows me to upload my pictures to the web from one computer and then to access them on another computer.  I get the full image, downloaded to the new computer, I can edit it, use it with other sites, whatever I want to do.   I am a big one of having pictures somewhere safe, in fact my husband says I get carried away. Digital pics are very vulnerable, if you only have them in 1 place you can easily lose them.  I upload to Picassa, Snapfish and then save to an external hard drive.  I also double check each of those periodically to see that all is well.  You don't have to use my resources but I recommend you develop a way to back up your pictures.  In addition stay up on formats and file types.  You can lose things throug obsolence also. 
Posted from Diigo. The rest of my favorite links are here.

No comments:

Post a Comment